The house consists of two buildings. Its erection was sponsored by THE ROSSIYA INSURANCE COMPANY and performed by an architect N. Proskurnin in 1899-1902.
Despite the neighborhood of high buildings made of steel and concrete the house still engrosses our attention.
It is an integral part of the center of Moscow, which can hardly be conceived without the house.
The French architect Le Corbusier considered it to be the most beautiful building of the beginning of the XX century in the city.
At the beginning of the last century the building was regarded the biggest and the most comfortable house of our city. Such a high level of comfort was not yet familiar to Moscow.
During the civil war Russian Telegraph Agency (ROSTA) and the Main Artillery Department of the Red Army occupied the house.
The same house was used by the Literature Department, where a famous Russian writer M. A. Bulgakov worked after his arrival in the capital.
Address: 6, Sretenskiy Bulv., Moscow