Russian   
ABOUT THE PROJECT STATE CULTURE AND ART HISTORY GEOGRAPHY AND NATURE PEARLS OF RUSSIA TOURISM GUEST BOOK  
 Russia State   Cities
 :: Articles
Abakan
Aginskoye
Anadyr
Arkhangelsk
Astrakhan
Barnaul
Belgorod
Birobidzhan
Blagoveshensk
Bryansk
Cheboksary
Chelyabinsk
Cherkessk
Chita
Ekaterinburg
Elista
Gorno-Altaisk
Groznyi
Ioshkar-Ola
Irkutsk
Ivanovo
Izhevsk
Kaliningrad
Kaluga
Kazan
Kemerovo
Khabarovsk
Khanty-Mansiysk
Kirov
Kostroma
Krasnodar
Krasnoyarsk
Kudymkar
Kurgan
Kursk
Kyzyl
Lipetsk
Magadan
Maikop
Makhachkala
Moscow
Murmansk
Nalchik
Naryan-Mar
Nizhny Novgorod
Norilsk
Novgorod the Great
Novosibirsk
Omsk
Orenburg
Oryol
Penza
Perm
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
Petrozavodsk
Pskov
Rostov the Great
Ryazan
Saint-Petersburg
Salekhard
Samara
Saransk
Saratov
Smolensk
Stavropol
Syktyvkar
Tambov
Tomsk
Tula
Tver
Tyumen
Ufa
Ulan-Ude
Ulyanovsk
Vladikavkaz
Vladimir
Vladivostok
Volgograd
Vologda
Voronezh
Yakutsk
Yaroslavl
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
 :: Search
Search in articles
Search in current section
 :: Constructor
 :: Game server
 :: Test

Vladimir

VladimirThe ancient great town Vladimir is situated 45 km to the south from Suzdal. It was founded by Prince Vladimir Monomakh in 1108. In 1157 Prince Andrei Bogolyubsky moved the capital of Vladimir-Suzdal Principality to Vladimir. The capital was moved there, because the sacred icon of Our Lady, which once had been brought from Constantinople, was also moved to Vladimir. The icon got the name of "Our Lady of Vladimir". In the year of 1299 the tVladimirown also became the residence of the Russian Metropolitan. By the middle of the 14th century Vladimir had lost its political importance and Moscow had become the main political centre of the Russian state. The ancient monuments dated by the 12th century remain in town and its suburbs. The great Cathedral of Dormition stands in the town centre. It was built in 1158-1160 by the order of Andrei Bogolyubsky. The interior of Cathedral displays the ornaments and wall-paintings which go back to the 12th-13th centuries and the wall-paintings of thVladimire 15th century by Andrei Rublev and Daniil Chyorny. The Church of St. Demetrius stands close to the Cathedral. The Church was built in 1194-1197 by the order of Prince Vsevolod Big Nest (1170-1212), who was baptized as Demetrius. The facades of the Church are ornamented by fine white-stone carving.

Недорогие памятники из гранита, сварные ограды установка в Твери.
Copyright © RIN 2001-. Russia Russia site map Feedback