Russia Pearls of Russia   Cultural heritage
 :: Articles
Pleven Monument
Triumph Arch
The Pashkov House
Annunciation (Blagoveshchenskiy) Cathedral
Cathedral of God`s Ascension
Demidov Palace
Donskoy Monastery of The Mother of God
Bogoyavlensky Monastery
Golden Ring
Ivanovskiy-Precursor Convent
Kazan Cathedral
Kazan Kremlin
Kremlin Cathedrals
Moscow Kremlin
Novodevichy Convent
Novospasskiy Monastery
Ostankino Palace
Pavlovsk Palace Museum
Rostov Veliky
Spasso-Andronikov Monastery
Sretenskiy Monastery
St. Isaac Cathedral
The "Kalamita" Fortress
The Cathedral of Christ The Savior
The Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood
The Church of St. Gabriel The Archangel
The Church of St. Simeon Stylites
The Church of The Ascension in Kolomenskoye
The Church of the Beheading of St. John the Baptist
The Church of The Ressurection in Kadashy
The Menshikov Palace
The Mikhailovsky (St. Michael) Castle
The Peter and Paul Fortress
The Petrovsky or Vysokopetrovsky Monastery
The Smolny Cathedral
The State Hermitage Museum
 :: Search
Search in articles
Search in current section
 :: Constructor
 :: Game server
 :: Test

The Church of The Ressurection in Kadashy

The Church of The Ressurection in KadashyThe church has been known from the end of the XV century. It was erected on the resources of the villagers, who worked at the tsar?s Kadashevsky linen factory and supplied tablecloths and household linen to the Imperial court.
In 1687 the church?s complete reconstruction was sponsored by the merchants ? brothers Kondrat and Longin Dobrynins. In 1696 a well-proportioned belfry with porches and staircases was attached to the church.
In the XIX century they were replaced by covered passages. The church is an integral part of the Moscow suburb view. Even today its rich and exquisite exterior strikes and fascinates.
The construction is characterized by its upward orientation owing to a tent-like bell tower and five golden domes. Details of white-stone cornices and arched framed can still be seen on the brick-red wall. Two rows of ornamental combs decorate the wall.
Elements of the middle of the XIX century murals remained in the upper church till the present day. And on the ground floor there was a functioning winter church.
In 1934 when the Bolshevist militant atheism reigned all over the country, the church was closed. A sausage factory club had occupied the building till 1977. Then the Scientific Restoration Centre named after I. Grabar assumed its possession. A gradual restoration of the building has been carried out since 1970.
It?s interesting that many premises of the tsar?s Kadashevsky linen factory remained up to now almost intact.

District: Downtown
Address: 7/14, 2nd Kadashevskiy per.
Underground: Tretyakovskaya (Kalininskoy linii)

Copyright © RIN 2001-. Russia Russia site map Feedback