Russian   
ABOUT THE PROJECT STATE CULTURE AND ART HISTORY GEOGRAPHY AND NATURE PEARLS OF RUSSIA TOURISM GUEST BOOK  
 Russia Culture and Art   Architecture   Masterpieces of Russian architecture
 :: Articles
Alexander Nevsky Lavra
Alexandrinsky Theatre
Apraksins Manor
Arhangel Michael (Arhangelskiy) Cathedral
Central Exhibition Hall
Church of Sergey of Radonezh
Church of St. George the Victorious on Pskov Hill
Church of St. Varlaam of Khutyn
Epiphany Cathedral
Gostiny dvor
High-rise buildings
Kunstkammer
Lenin Mausoleum
Menshikov Palace
Mirozhsky Monastery
Moscow Univercity
Pechory Monastery
Peter and Paul Fortress
Pskov Kremlin
Russian Academy of Arts
S. P.Ryabushinsky?s mansion
Saint Michael's Castle
St. Basil s Cathedral
St. Sophia Cathedral
The Blue Bridge
The country estate of the Usatshev-Naidyonov family
The House of The "Rossiya" Insurance Company
The Kazanskiy station
The Kremlin State Palace of Congresses
The Nobleman?s Assembly
The Yauza Hospital
The Yuriev Monastery
Uspensky Cathedral
Vladychnaya (Granovitaya) Palata
Yaroslavsky Voksal
 :: Search
Search in articles
Search in current section
 :: Constructor
 :: Game server
 :: Test

Church of St. George the Victorious on Pskov Hill

Church of St. George the Victorious on Pskov HillThe church of St. George the Victorious on Pskov hill was built in 1658 on the grounds of a 15h century church.
The Church was named afterdescendants from the old Russian city of Pskov who lived there. The gilded central dome of the church is surrounded by smaller blue domes decorated with gilded stars.
A bas ?relief decor of a brick facade, that was popular in Russia architecture in the second half of the 17th century, makes the building very picturesque.
A refectory west of the building is connected to the belfry built in a neo-gothic style in 1818.
Fragments of interesting wall paintings emerged from under plaster after restorers removed numerous layers added later that concealed original wall paintings. In the 1930s the church was closed, After restoration carried out in the 1970s the building was used for exhibition grounds of the all- Russia society for protection of monuments of culture and art.
At present, the Church of St. George on Pskov Hill belongs to the town house of the Patriarchy on the premises of Moscow China town.

District: Downtown
Address: 12, Varvarka St., Moscow
Underground: Kitay-gorod (Kaluzhsko-Rizhskoy linii)


Узнайте актуальную информацию о Максе Полякове здесь
Copyright © RIN 2001-. Russia Russia site map Feedback