Russian   
ABOUT THE PROJECT STATE CULTURE AND ART HISTORY GEOGRAPHY AND NATURE PEARLS OF RUSSIA TOURISM GUEST BOOK  
 Russia Culture and Art   Architecture   Masterpieces of Russian architecture
 :: Articles
Alexander Nevsky Lavra
Alexandrinsky Theatre
Apraksins Manor
Arhangel Michael (Arhangelskiy) Cathedral
Central Exhibition Hall
Church of Sergey of Radonezh
Church of St. George the Victorious on Pskov Hill
Church of St. Varlaam of Khutyn
Epiphany Cathedral
Gostiny dvor
High-rise buildings
Kunstkammer
Lenin Mausoleum
Menshikov Palace
Mirozhsky Monastery
Moscow Univercity
Pechory Monastery
Peter and Paul Fortress
Pskov Kremlin
Russian Academy of Arts
S. P.Ryabushinsky?s mansion
Saint Michael's Castle
St. Basil s Cathedral
St. Sophia Cathedral
The Blue Bridge
The country estate of the Usatshev-Naidyonov family
The House of The "Rossiya" Insurance Company
The Kazanskiy station
The Kremlin State Palace of Congresses
The Nobleman?s Assembly
The Yauza Hospital
The Yuriev Monastery
Uspensky Cathedral
Vladychnaya (Granovitaya) Palata
Yaroslavsky Voksal
 :: Search
Search in articles
Search in current section
 :: Constructor
 :: Game server
 :: Test

Apraksins Manor

Apraksins ManorThe Apraksins? Manor is one of the most beautiful buildings in Moscow. The name of the architect, who erected the house in the 2nd part of the XVIII century, did not come down to us. The contemporaries called the manor Moscow Hermitage in miniature. Indeed it reminds greatly Bartolomeo Rastrelli?s architectural style. Unfortunately this manor-house is the only example of the houses of such a style, built in Moscow during the 2nd part of the XVIII century. Some of them got burnt down during the great fire of 1812, other buildings were destroyed by the time. At first the descendants of general F. Apraksin (Peter the Great?s associate) owned the mansion. Then Trubetskoys purchased the house. At the same time the manor got its name ?a house ? a locker?. Indeed the house with its intricate and magnificent architecture ? colonnaded porticoes, concave and convex walls, window frames, ornamental moulding and sculptural embellishments ? reminded a lot a locker, but a baroque one. In that manor dancing-classes took place. It was there where young A. S. Pushkin learned ballroom dances. The mansion is famous for outstanding people who were connected with it in this or that way. In 1830-1850 V. D. Korniliev ? D. I. Mendeleev?s uncle ? administrated the house. A famous artist P. A. Fedotov and the great chemist himself visited it. Since 1859 the building had been occupied by the 4th boys? gymnasium, where the father of the Russian aircraft N. E. Zhukovsky and the great theater worker K. S. Stanislavsky studied. The turquoise front of the house is particularly striking in appearance with its unusual forms of the windows, surrounded by white dйcor and sculptures, which are similar to those on the faзade of the Hermitage.

District: Downtown
Address: 22, Pokrovka St., Moscow
Underground: Chistye Prudy



Официальный сайт РиоБет доступен всем
Copyright © RIN 2001-. Russia Russia site map Feedback